WhittleFitAll plans by this Coach
Iron Distance Beginner Triathlon Training Plan (30 weeks)
If you want to race an Iron distance triathlon check out the 30-week Iron Distance Beginner Triathlon Training Plan from WhittleFit.
Who's it for?
The Iron Distance Beginner Triathlon Training Plan is aimed at triathletes who may have trained for a couple of seasons, but are new to the Iron distance and now want the challenge of tackling the longer distance. The aim is to help you to achieve your goal with a clearly structured 30-week plan which avoids over-training and injury, whilst progressing with just the right balance of challenging and achievable training.
Is it for you?
If you’re looking for a training plan designed by specialist triathlon coaches who have raced Iron distance events all over the globe, and you don’t need a coach to hold your hand, then this is the training plan for you!
Because this plan is aimed at beginner athletes, it progresses very gradually over the 30-weeks to ensure you achieve your goal without injury or over-training, by building progressively, starting with a combination of shorter swims, rides and runs, building towards a peak week of 14:15 hours of training.
Why choose our plan?
The coaches at WhittleFit have raced at Iron distance events all over the globe, therefore we’re very well placed to advise on the training requirements to have a great race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.