Full IRON 140.6 Bike Base Training (Triathlon HV-12w)
Dave JimenezAll plans by this Coach
Using TrainerRoad Workouts
The high-volume version of the Full Distance Triathlon Base plan has triathletes swimming four times each week for up to 12,000m, on the bike 4 times each week up to 10 hours total during the peak-volume cycling week (including a weekly brick workout) and running up to 5 hours during the peak running week.
This volume version targets experienced full-distance triathletes with ample training time, a substantial training history, and ambitious goals along the lines of age-group podiums and Kona spots - on 20 hours per week at the high end of things.
Note: Double-day workouts can be done in any order and separated by as little or as much time as you choose as long as you can keep the quality of both workouts high.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:51 hrs||4:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:51 hrs||4:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?