Laura Marcoux: USAT Level II Endurance, Ironman Certified Coach, NSCA-CPTAll plans by this Coach
Coach Laura’s Keys to Performance:
1. Endurance Training: We must increase our aerobic capacity in order to cover the distance and duration that is necessary for our race goals. Quality will always be emphasized over quantity.
2. Strength Training: Being a durable, resilient, well-rounded athlete is necessary for longevity in triathlon. Strength training is periodized and takes different forms depending on what phase of training we are in, but it is a consistent staple in the training program.
3. Mental Training: Maintaining a process-focused mindset allows for continued progress as athletes and as humans. Results are driven by commitment to and love of the process. We are never done learning, exploring, uncovering, and growing as both humans and athletes. Commit to being open-minded, showing up every day, and not being afraid to fail.
4. Recovery: Progression is a combination of build and recovery. The recovery phase is crucial because that is when your body soaks in the adaptations of training. Training breaks your body down, then recovering builds it back up stronger than before. There are many recovery modalities, but the most important concept is that you commit to resting both your body and mind.
About the Plan:
This is a 20 week build leading up to an Ironman or 140.6 mile race. Plans for advanced athletes are designed to build upon the aerobic endurance necessary for completing the distance, while adding components of speed, strength, and resilience. Strength training is primarily mobility based, is structured to support swim, bike, and run performance and minimize risk of triathlon-related injuries. This plan incorporates race-specific pacing, simulations and benchmark testing in order to prepare you for your best race performance.
Upon purchasing a training plan, you’ll gain access to Coach’s Laura’s athlete resource website, which includes but is not limited to: training terminology, guidance on zones, strength training videos and descriptions, tips for swim, bike, run, and mental training, race planning guidelines, and much more.
Never hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?