Luke DragstraAll plans by this Coach
This is a good program for the deep of winter for goal-oriented athletes with minimal time for training. The total hours don't exceed 8 per week and the TSS around 450-550 and we go for 1 session per day (or 2 short sessions done together). Doing the program in a consistent fashion will keep you around the 60s in CTL.
My one-on-one athletes will do this level of training through the winter and ramp up in the spring and summer to bigger weeks of 600-800tss (9-12hrs) with a volume focus and we shoot for a CTL of 80-100 for thier big events. This block is meant to support the volume block coming through the strength and core sessions and the harder threshold riding. We hope to increase our FTP during this phase and then hold it through volume phase so that in the end our IM or half IM effort will be at a reasonable % of an improved FTP, with enough volume and strength that we can run a strong marathon/half marathon afterwards.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.