Winter Tri Training with FTP Focus
Luke DragstraAll plans by this Coach
This is a 10 week program made for Pain Cave Dwellers who want to start ramping up the intensity and make some gains in FTP and cycling ability in the winter months. The running intensity is much lower but we keep some volume in the runs. You will be surprised how your run form is at the end despite not doing a lot of hard running.
The program is beneficial for triathletes training for any distance. For short distance, increasing your FTP will directly improve your bike splits and most likely run splits as you will be fitter and stronger.
Longer distance athletes can benefit just as much because if you back off volume and increase your FTP, but then increase volume in the spring the xx% of FTP that you will race at will be a higher number of course if your FTP is higher.
So challenge yourself with this 10 week block. It doesn't require a tonne of time commitment and your will be at a new level once you are through it.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?