24 Week Novice IRONMAN (140.6) - 8-16 hrs per week
Sara Crawford, Nitro Triathlon Coaching LLCAll plans by this Coach
2-3 Swim, 3 Bike, 3-4 Run and 2 Strength workouts per week.
Mondays - swim and strength
Tuesdays - tempo or hill run
Wednesdays - bike and swim
Thursdays - brick (bike and run)
Fridays - off or makeup day (gives you flexibility for the week)
Saturdays - long bike
Sundays - long run
Periodization is 2:1 build:recovery. Intensity listed by Zone 1-5.
First week volume = 2 hrs swim, 3.5 hrs bike, 2.25 hrs run, 2 hrs strength
Peak swimming week is 3.75 hrs (longest swim 2 hrs)
Peak biking week is 7.5 hrs (longest bike 5.5 hrs)
Peak running week is 4.5 hrs (longest run 2.5 hrs)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:19 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|2:55 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|4:57 hrs||5:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:19 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||2:55 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||4:57 hrs||5:30 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?