12 week Full (140.6 Iron distance) build & peak period training plan.
Designed for the final 12 weeks leading up to a 1 week taper for a full distance event.
Aimed at intermediate/advanced athletes who are already capable of swimming 2-2.5km, riding 80-100km and running 20-22km
This is my own personal training plan, the Wattbike session can be done on the road or on a turbo trainer.
Regular stretching and/or sports massages should also be undertaken for muscle recovery and injury prevention.
This plan is intended to be used as a 4 week rolling program with 3 weeks of load and 1 week active recovery.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.