D3 Ironman Plan 20 weeks, Intermediate by TSS, HR and Power - Reusable Plan - Downloadable Workouts
Mike Ricci - Head Coach and Founder of D3 Multisport, USAT Coach of the YearAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Author: Mike Ricci
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Plans That Get Results.
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-Present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- 2017 Team USA Triathlon World Team Coach for ITU Worlds in Penticton, Canada
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013.
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st time triathletes.
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
Length: 20 Weeks
Time: 305 hours
This program should be used by an athlete in their second year or triathlon or beyond. The program consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport, 1-2 days of strength training and core work too. The maximum volume is around 18 hours, and consistently around 15-16 hours.
Requirements: You should be able to swim at least 1500 yards, bike at least 60 minutes and be able to run for 45 minutes. By race day we will have you ready when you toe the line and we’ll guide you every step of the way with a detailed plan and free complimentary access to our D3 Private FB Page.
Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full time job, a family and / or other responsibilities. In this plan, the longer bike and run workouts are on the weekends, with the shorter workouts during the week. There will be bike / run (brick) workouts on most Saturdays.
Our plans set YOU up for success! We have sold thousands of our plans internationally and many or our athletes are returning customers who keep coming back for more. Our main goal with this plan is to get you to cross the finish line happy and healthy!
Years of coaching experience goes into the design of our plans! USA Triathlon Coach of the Year Mike Ricci has designed these plans with his twenty years of coaching expertise. Mike’s passion is getting you to the finish line and having an enjoyable experience along the way.
25+ Years of coaching experience goes into the design of our plans:
Mike has been coaching since 1989 and uses all his experiences working with thousands of athletes over those 25+ years. He understands what it takes to be successful at any level. Mike’s passion is getting you to the finish line and having an enjoyable experience along the way. By race day we will have you ready when you toe the line!
We leave no stone unturned in trying to get you to reach your goals!
Purchase of this plan includes:
- A weekly video in your plan.
- Our D3 'Ironman 101', 'Training Terminology' and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones and How to set your Training Zones in Training Peaks' documents.
- Instructional Videos in all 3 sports.
- Strength Training and core workouts with accompanying videos.
- Access to our Private Facebook Group to ask our coaches questions.
If you have questions about the plan, please feel free to email Coach Mike Ricci at any time: Mike@D3Multisport.com and check out our website at: www.D3Multisport.com
More Important Info:
- Please set the plan to end on race day.
- IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC)
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:40 hrs||2:45 hrs|
|6:06 hrs||7:00 hrs|
|1:04 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:40 hrs||2:45 hrs|
||6:06 hrs||7:00 hrs|
||1:04 hrs||0:45 hrs|