16 Week Full Distance Triathlon Plan Masters
Pauline CoundAll plans by this Coach
This is a short 16 week plan suited for a Masters Age Group triathlete preparing for a full Distance Triathlon with some experience and is ideal for an early season IM.
The plan focuses on quality and total weekly volume. It has 2 key speed sessions each of running and cycling per week with 4 IM specific swim sessions. It has one long run and long ride per week with test sessions scheduled to monitor progress. This is a tough schedule so the option is to drop the non-key sessions when the going gets tough.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:32 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|5:42 hrs||5:28 hrs|
|0:47 hrs||1:40 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:32 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||5:42 hrs||5:28 hrs|
||0:47 hrs||1:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?