IRONMAN RUN BOOST PACE | ADVANCED 24 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: IRONMAN RUN PROGRAMME
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: IRONMAN
Suitable for: Advanced | Competitive [this is not suitable if you interested in merely completing your chosen event]
Suitable for an athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport
You want to work smart not just hard, you’re wanting to explore how to maximise your potential in a proven and data driven way, without having to be a data geek and get a taste of how top-level athletes prepare and train. Avoidance of overtraining or injury prevention is key to you. For less than a $1 a day you get a proven progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve. You should have considerable marathon, AG or World Athlete IM experience or similar competitive 70.3 experience and be well used to training for such an event and are probably currently running 25-35 miles 40K-60K per week, over 5-6 sessions. Thirdly, you should comfortably be able to run at least 10 miles and are interested in a PB or good for age result
Speedwork MONDAYS Long Run Weekends SATURDAY Longest Run 3 hours. 45k to 75k a week, 25 +miles to 45 miles per week
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Free Run Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, using HR threshold and pace for speedwork
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions, training nutrition and pre race nutrition
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions if required to make it perfect for you!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:22 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|0:01 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:22 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||0:01 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?