Long Distance Triathlon Plan, Finish 12hr - 20 weeks
Carl BottenAll plans by this Coach
This is a 20 week plan targeting a long distance triathlon finish starting with just under 7 hours a week to a maximum of just over 12hrs and is suitable for almost any fitness base as long as you can currently exercise for around an hour and 5hrs per week.
We use an RPE based system.
Zone 3-4 easy, can have a conversation pace
Zone 5-6 medium, this is a little harder, speak in broken sentences but can manage this for some time
Zone 7-8 hard, is around your best 10km run pace or 25mile time trial pace.
Zone 9 is hard as you can go. This is time based but for that duration give it your all, it is not pace based but effort level.
Any questions on using or understanding of this plan can be emailed but it is a static plan that we will not amend or offer advice on changing.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?