Ironman Base- swim development
Mike BridgeAll plans by this Coach
This plan is aimed at boosting an athletes swim economy. By completing work at CSS pace and including weekly pool based strength work, effectively improves neuromuscular co-ordination and power which in turn increases swim economy. The strength resistance sets are based on recent research showing how to efficiently improve swim specific strength, a drag parachute or similar would be ideal but anything that creates drag without affecting technique could be used.
During this 8 week block run and bike training are put into maintenance mode so that the athlete can complete the swim training rested and ready to work hard.
This plan is ideal for the off season when an athlete has time to work on a specific discipline. However IM athletes who are further along into their prep may wish to extend some of the easy bike/run sets.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?