BEGINNER IRONMAN 36 week plan includes email access to Coach, reusable, HR based
Steven Moody, Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peaks and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Steve's plan takes away all the science, mathematics and preparation that a triathlete with a full-time job just doesn't have time for. Once the testing phase is done, each session is is concisely described, training zones set and drills presented via video links etc. where appropriate.
Having debated throwing a few quid at a properly structured, proven plan for the price of a decent pair of runners, I now couldn't recommend highly enough. Absolutely fantastic value for money
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
This 36 week plan will help any beginner triathlete initially map out their current fitness levels and progress from even a sprint distance triathlete to a full Ironman based on between 6 - 14 hours training a week.
Each swim/cycle/run session is clearly laid out in terms of what the athlete needs to do and when best to do the sessions and is based primarily on HR zones that the athlete should train in.
Base or fitness/stamina development = 20 weeks
Build or race specific training = 14 weeks
Taper or readying yourself for race day = 2 week
3 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate or pace
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout phases of plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and/or Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Not the right plan for you?
Click here to use my training plan finder to find a plan that might better suit your needs.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:13 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|2:56 hrs||2:48 hrs|
|5:23 hrs||6:55 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:13 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||2:56 hrs||2:48 hrs|
||5:23 hrs||6:55 hrs|