Max SpradleyAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is designed for the intermediate/advanced triathlete looking to take on the challenge of an IM (140.6). He/she may be moving up in distance from a Half IM or looking to improve upon a previous ace result.
This plan averages approx 14 hrs / week (maximum of ~21.5 hrs) and consists of three (3) swims, three (3) bikes, and three (3) runs. Over time, two (2) additional runs are added in the form of "bricks" (bike + run). Two (2) weekly strength training sessions are also built into the plan. Prior to beginning the training plan, the athlete should be training consistently and should be able to comfortably complete 2600 meters/yards of swimming, 2 hours of cycling and 1 hour of running.
- 2 Swims
- 3 Bikes
- 5 Runs*
- 2 Strength Training Sessions
* 2 of the Bikes are "Bricks" (Bike + Run) and include relatively short runs immediately after the bike workout.
The workouts are based upon the following Training Zones:
Zone Name RPE
Z1 Recovery 6 - 8
Z2 Extensive Endurance 9 - 11
Z3 Intensive Endurance 12 - 14
Z4 Sub Threshold 15
Z5a Super Threshold/LT 16
Z5b Anaerobic Endurance 17
Z5c Power 19 - 20
If you have any questions OR issues – please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?