Nick de Meyer British Triathlon Federation level 3 Coach, Training Bible Master endurance coachAll plans by this Coach
This Pre Competition phase of training plan has been prepared to help you work more on the specifics of your goal A race. This time is an opportunity to do some local “training races” to become used to the race paced efforts. During this phase of training, the focus will move away from developing muscular strength to increasing muscular endurance, strength and power, it will include less important races, lactate tolerance buffering more, interval sessions and an opportunity to practice race tactics, such as open water swimming, transitions and brick sessions
The plan will follow a 4 week cycle of easy, medium, hard and recovery weeks based on hourly volume, and will provide you with an increase in VO2 max, an improvement in lactate buffering and removal, plus an improved resistance to fatigue from interval sessions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.