Parker Performance TrainingAll plans by this Coach
This plan begins after a period of base training. The expectation is that you will begin this program with the ability to comfortably swim 1000 yards, bike for 60 minutes and run 5 miles at an easy pace. Exercise prescription and endurance race pacing are determined by your current fitness. When you begin a training protocol it is important to perform field-testing to determine Functional Threshold Pace or Power (FTP). This pace/power corresponds approximately to your lactate threshold, or the pace/power sustainable for one hour. Contact ParkerPerformanceTraining.com for help with field-testing and individualized athlete pacing for all disciplines. Alternatively, heart rate training can be valuable in determining pacing. All workouts should use the aerobic zone unless otherwise indicated. It is important to note that genetic differences, heat, training state, dehydration, and nervousness can affect heart rate. Use the following formula to determine your aerobic zone:
Aerobic Zone 75% HRmax= 220-age x .75 to determine lower range
Aerobic Zone 80% HRmax= 220-age x .80 to determine upper range
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?