Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is for the intermediate triathlete who has competed in at least one half iron distance triathlon and is looking to improve on their performance. Before starting this plan you are capable of swimming 3 times per week at 45 to 60 minutes per session, able to cycle comfortably for at least 2 hours and should be able to run for at least 60 minutes. You should be able to workout 45 to 90 minutes per day during the week and 2 to 4.5 hours per day on the weekends.
This plan will challenge you in your training so that you can reach a new level while participating in the B2B NC half. The plan follows a 2 to 3 week build of training hours followed by a reduced volume rest week. The first week begins with 8 hours and 30 minutes of training and peaks with week nine at 11 hours. Reduced volume weeks are at 6 to 7 hours. You are scheduled to swim 3 days per week, with the longest session building to 60 minutes. The weekend long ride starts at 2 hours and builds to 3.5 hours by week six. The long runs start at 60 minutes and builds to 2 hours. Each week will have one or two scheduled days off. These are very important in the schedule as they allow you to rest and repair, keeping you healthy and in good spirits.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.