Kevin McCarthyAll plans by this Coach
This complete 30-week plan (Base-Build-Peak) for an Half Iron-distance triathlon is designed for the intermediate to advanced level triathlete who has experience in shorter distance triathlons. If you choose this plan you should have completed several Olympic-distance races, and already completed a Half Iron-distance (1 or more) and have a goal of improving. Weekly volume ranges from 8 to 17.5 hours with recovery weeks every fourth week to allow for adaptation and improved performance.
This plan is simple to follow and includes a description of all workout abbreviations and execution details. Workouts are written based on heart rate and pace training zones. Information is included that explains how to complete this plan using ratings of perceived exertion if you do not have the support of a coach to establish training zones.
Path Performance clients with a coaching package have Training Zone assessment test support included with their coaching.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?