Half Distance Triathlon Training Plan - 20 Weeks
Max SpradleyAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is designed for the intermediate/advanced triathlete looking to move up in distance to the Half Distance Triathlon (Half IM) or to improve upon a previous race result.
This plan averages approx 13 hrs / week (maximum of ~18 hrs) and begins with three (3) swims, three (3) bikes, and three (3) runs. Over time, two (2) additional runs are added in the form of "bricks" (bike + run). Two (2) weekly strength training sessions are also built into the plan. Prior to beginning the training plan, the athlete should be training consistently and should be able to comfortably complete 2600 yards of swimming, 1hr 15min of cycling and 45 min of running.
- 3 Swims
- 3 Bikes
- 5 Runs*
- 2 Strength Training Sessions
* 2 of the Bikes are "Bricks" (Bike + Run) and include relatively short runs immediately after the bike workout.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?