Intermediate - Long Distance Triathlon Training - 15 week
15 week training plan for Intermediate level - Long Distance Triathlon. Training plan targets ~9-12 hour weekly training volume. Ideal athletes would have already performed a sprint or olympic distance triathlon and/or be capable of ~7 hrs of weekly training volume. Proper equipment includes a properly fit wetsuit, bike and running shoes.
Athlete may email coach bi-monthly. Coach can help with power-based, heart rate, and pacing prescriptions following submission of field test data.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:39 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:44 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|2:03 hrs||1:49 hrs|
Day Off x1
|2:13 hrs||3:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:39 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:44 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||2:03 hrs||1:49 hrs|
||2:13 hrs||3:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.