Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is for the advanced triathlete who has completed several half iron distance events and who has established a solid base prior to starting this plan. You should be capable of swimming at least 3 times per week at 45 to 60 minutes per session, able to cycle several times per week with your long session at 3.0-3.5 hours and able to run several times per week with your long session at 90-minutes.
The workouts are prescribed using heart rate zones. You can find a RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) Chart and corresponding zones here: http://www.coachbuxton.com/Rating_of_PE.pdf
If you are interested in setting your own zones, take a look at this article on Trainingpeaks: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/joe-friel-s-quick-guide-to-setting-zones/
There is a swim time trial (TT) scheduled during week one and this effort will allow you to set your 100 (yard/meter) pace (T-pace) for future workouts.
This plan includes strength sessions each week. However, if you are currently involved in a strength training program, you can continue that program. You may need to adjust the weight, number of sets & repetitions and total weekly sessions to prevent the strength routines from negatively affecting the other sessions.
Enjoy the training and good luck with your event. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.