IRONMAN 70.3 SUNSHINE COAST 12-week Training Plan IRONMAN U coach
Stuart HarsleyAll plans by this Coach
The SHOT Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast training program will get you race ready and help you have a great race on November 15, 2020!
This is an 12-week program based on a 3-week cycle of build-build-recovery and super-compensation (a fancy word for getting stronger and faster progressively!)
The program follows the general principle of 80/20 triathlon training whereby 80% of workouts are low to moderate intensity and 20% are hard. This principle has been scientifically shown to be the best method across all triathlon disciplines to ensure optimal growth and good recovery.
Before starting this program you should be able to comfortably swim 45 minutes, bike for 1 hour, and run for 1 hour, and be able to complete at least 5 hours of training per week.
What you get:
• 12-week program designed by an Ironman Certified, Triathlon Australia Accredited, and Precision Nutrition Certified Coach.
• Plan based on perceived effort or heart rate based (or pace for swim workouts). If you want to use power for bike workouts, instructions can be given on how to change the workouts to power (and, for example, how to use them in Zwift)
• 30-min consultation included (can be used at any time)
• Email support*
• Weekly review of your progress with comments and tips to keep you on track (via TrainingPeaks if you add me as a coach).
The unique part about this program is that at any stage you can upgrade to a fully customized triathlon training program for $100 per week (minimum 4-weeks) or book a 1-on-1 consultation to discuss any aspect of your training for $50 per half hour. The consultation option is especially useful for those who need deeper triathlon or nutritional advice.
*Within reason. If your questions are complex, you will be offered the opportunity for a formal consultation
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?