08 Week Half Iron Triathlon | Beginner
Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
Our beginner half iron training plan is designed to help a new triathlete finish their first half iron distance rance. This plan has a mixture of mostly aerobic conditioning workouts as well as some intensity mid-week.
"As far as the program is concerned, I could not be happier. I can honestly say that I am race ready not just to finish but to PR. I can literally see improvement not just in my speed but in how I feel and how confident I am."
- Balanced training load between disciplines
- Avg training load of 8-9 hours per week
- Detailed workout instructions
- Consistent mobility & strength
- Race planning & execution tips
- HR monitor
- GPS watch
- Swim paddles, pull buoy, & fins
- Basic strength equipment
- **A powermeter is recommended but not required
The Ideal Athlete for this Plan Will:
- Want to finish their first half iron triathlon
- Have completed at least 1 triathlon of any distance
- Need to balance training with a busy work & family schedule
Recommended Prior to Starting
- FOUNDATION Plan
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?