USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This plan offers a 62 week build up from completing your first 70.3 in 24 weeks AND then continuing on another 36 weeks towards your first IRONMAN! Included in the plan is a recovery/transition phase to make sure you are mentally and physically prepared to complete both the 70.3 and 140.6 distances within a 62 week span.
This plan is perfect for the first time triathletes who may be only training 1-3 hours a week but looking to get into form by their 70.3 race and eventually their first IRONMAN.
This training plan works great with all TrainingPeaks compatible smart watches. Athletes can decide to use Heart Rate or Rate of Perceived Effort with this plan based on its programming. If athlete's have a power meter for their bike this plan can be altered to use Power instead of Heart Rate.
Upon completion of this training plan an athlete will be able to swim of 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles, and run 13.1 miles for your 70.3 and then swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles for your first IRONMAN!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?