20-week Ironman 70.3 Oceanside (Half Ironman) Training Program (Based on HR)
Coach Stephan Weyers (Wingman Coaching)All plans by this Coach
So you have entered your first Half-Ironman!? How exciting and daunting at the same time… You’ve got this!
Oceanside 70.3 was a great choice for your first attempt at this distance. Our training program starts with a test week to scan your fitness level and set your training zones. You will be guided through every workout and we loaded some race tips from our coaches who have been in your shoes.
"In the end we only regret the things we didn't do!"
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:28 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|1:59 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|3:25 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:25 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:28 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||1:59 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||3:25 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?