Middle Distance Beginner Plan 5-9 hours 12 weeks I Be successful with your training / Power
Sports and Training - German-American Coaching TeamAll plans by this Coach
The purpose of this 12 weeks training plan is to ensure optimal preparation for a Middle Distance triathlon with a training duration of approximately 5 to 9 hours.
Specific training sessions are designed to use the time budget effectively without overloading the body.
In order to train successfully with the plan, you should be able to swim 2000 yards, bike 20 miles and run 7 miles, you should have been doing regular triathlon training for at least 1 year, have an aerobic and anaerobic base and have trained for at least 5h the last weeks. The plan leads you to the finish a Middle Distance Triathlon successively and strong.
In the initial training phase, start off 7 hours with medium intensity and increase quick as you move along.
There is a training weekend on the 8th week with increased training duration, focusing in all 3 sports with training for specific load preparation for the Middle Distance Triathlon.
Long bike training session are planned for Saturday, long runs on Sunday.
The two "easier" days ensure the processing of the training stimulation. No intense training or only strength/stabilization exercises or stretching is planned on these days.
This training plan includes tests to determine your ideal training zones and ways to monitor them. The results should guarantee that the individual is training the correct zones and accurate training load.
A classic 3:1 training cycle is planned; 3 build-up weeks are followed by a fourth recovery week.
The load control is monitored different ways, running by the heart rate, when swimming by feeling, when cycling the load control is done heart rate.
Why is our plan the right one?
- each training session for swimming, cycling and running contains detailed training guidelines.
- the structured workouts for cycling and running can be exported to a compatible devices and guide you through your training
- access to our FAQ’s, detailed instructions and documentation on how to train with this training plan successfully
- instructions for adjusting to a different race or training day
- full email support from our coaching team
The plan has been tested and proven many times, it can even be used as often as you like.
Money back or exchange the plan for an alternative plan within the first 14 days of purchase
As a newcomer at the Long Distance, the chosen Beginner plan was perfect for me, even if I missed a training session now and then, it worked out great and I never felt overburdened. The units were enjoyable and brought me safely to my goal. I would always recommend the plans to others.
- Nadine Peters - Ostseeman - Long Distance Triathlon
Read more testimonials at hour website.
About the author:
Our passion is endurance sports, for almost 20 years. I have been coaching a wide variety of athletes, whether triathlon beginners or long distance athletes, everyone is 100% coached to achieve their goal.
The experience as a coach, former professional triathlete and graduate sports scientist is incorporated into the training and will benefit you as an athlete.
In a team with Pete Ventura we support athletes in Europe, US and America.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:14 hrs||1:50 hrs|
|3:04 hrs||3:05 hrs|
|0:30 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|1:18 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:14 hrs||1:50 hrs|
||3:04 hrs||3:05 hrs|
||0:30 hrs||0:15 hrs|
||1:18 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?