Anti-virus no pool & home gym triathlon plan - intermediate
Tatjana IvanovaAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
This plan is for the time with no access to the pool or gym. It is suited for intermediate level athletes who look back at 2-3 months of training this season and 3-4 years of training and racing.
The focus is on building foundational aerobic endurance, functional strength and power endurance.
- Swimming is replaced by "dry land" functional training to build swim specific muscles and by stretch cord drills to maintain muscle memory.
- Plyometric exercises (jumps and squats) serve to develop power endurance and strength of key cycling and running muscles.
- Interval training builds VO2max and fatigue resistance.
- Base endurance (“diesel”) training is key to foundational aerobic fitness.
- Key parameters: HR Zone, % of FTP (power), duration and perceived exertion.
Each training in described in detail and a visual guideline is provided for each S&C session.
Six weeks are in 2:1 cycle: 2 weeks of load and 1 week of recovery training. Monday is a day off training every week. The 1st week contains an FTP test on the bike and Z2 running benchmark. In the 6th week we repeat both to evaluate the progress. By consistently following this plan you should see a serious and significant progress!
If you have any questions or would like to receive an additional consulation or individual plan, please contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, good luck and stay healthy, safe and motivated!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:07 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|3:05 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:45 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|0:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:40 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:07 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||3:05 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||0:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:40 hrs||0:50 hrs|