ADVANCED 70.3 24 week plan (50 yrs+) includes Coach email access, reusable, HR based
Steven Moody Triathlon Ireland Coach of the year, Training Peak and Ironman U certifiedAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
“What a fantastic service. Coach Steve is very responsive and clearly knows his stuff. I purchased a 70.3 training programme which Coach Steve personalised specifically for my training time restrictions, Wattbike and strengths. The program uploaded to training peaks is detailed enough to have some clearly thought out science behind it, yet explained simple enough for me to understand and implement it! Highly recommended – 5 out of 5!”
Click here to read my growing list of testimonials from satisfied clients
This 24 week plan will help any advanced triathlete to competitively finish their first half ironman distance race or to improve on a previous HIM time based on between 8 - 14 hours training a week.
Each swim/cycle/run session is clearly laid out in terms of what the athlete needs to do and when best to do the sessions and is based primarily on HR zones that the athlete should train in.
It is specifically designed for athletes over 50 years of age - as it uses a 2:1 recovery cycle and a training load/progression that will minimize risk of over training injuries
Base/endurance building phase = 12 weeks
Build/race specific phase = 10 weeks
Taper = 2 week
2 week progression:1 week recovery cycle
What do you get in this plan?
• FREE 30 day access to training peaks premium subscription
• FREE strength and conditioning guide
• EXCLUSIVE access to SMartEnduro knowledge base with articles on how to better manage training, tri-life balance and racing performances
• Unlimited email access to the author
• Training zones using feel, heart rate or pace
• Includes test sessions to map out your specific zones and monitor/re-evaluate throughout plan
• Includes race specific sessions such as bricks and open water swimming sets
• Session details up-loadable to Garmin Connect, Trainer Road, Rouvy and/or Zwift from compatible device
• Ability to re-use your plan as many times as you require
Kick off Emails During checkout, you can check a box to share your email address. By selecting this – this helps me send you an introduction/kick off email with hints/tips and your free 30 day Training Peaks premium coupon. It also gives you access to the best email to ask any questions you have on your training journey!
Not the right plan for you?
Click here to use my training plan finder to find a plan that might better suit your needs.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:09 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:56 hrs||2:06 hrs|
|4:25 hrs||4:04 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:09 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:56 hrs||2:06 hrs|
||4:25 hrs||4:04 hrs|