113 INTERMEDIATE Middle Distance Triathlon Plan (Structured Cycling / Heart Rate)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week plan for those with experience of triathlons who want to be competitive in the Age group.
The plan starts by building base and endurance. During the critical weeks of the plan speed and threshold workouts are incorporated to increase VO2. All cycling workouts are based on % of FTP and can be done on a smart trainer or with a power meter. It will get the body use to heavy load and recovery and add a competitive element to your race.
Weekly volume increases from 8 to 16 hours. The exception is in R&R weeks every fourth week when training is greatly reduced for 4-5 days culminating with self-testing. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
All the cycling workouts are structured for ease of doing on a smart trainer or at the gym on a wattbike.
By the end of the 16 weeks you will have excellent base fitness and have race speed be ready to race your A-priority, 113 km middle distance triathlon.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?