113 INTERMEDIATE Middle Distance Base Build Triathlon Plan
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This is a Base Build Plan for an athlete wanting to progress to do a middle distance triathlon.
To start this plan you should be able to swim 1 hour, bike 1.5 hours, and run 1 hour.
Over 12 weeks you will increase your weekly volume from about 9.5 hours to 14 hours including 3 swims, 2 to 4 bikes, 3 to 4 runs, and 1 to 2 strength workouts each week. The exceptions are the R&R weeks every fourth week with volume significantly reduced for 4 to 5 days and self-testing at the end of the week to measure progress.
The plan uses common language to describe the workouts and is easy to follow. By the end of 12 weeks you will have excellent Base fitness and be ready for moving on to you race plan and your A-Race, 113 km middle distance triathlon
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?