12 Week Intermediate IRONMAN 70.3
Sara Crawford, Nitro Triathlon Coaching LLCAll plans by this Coach
Training starts at approx. 10 hours per week (weekly totals - 6500yd swim, 5 hrs bike, 2 hr 50 min run) and peaks at 16 hours. Longest swim is 4000 yds, longest bike is 4 hrs 30 min and longest run is 2 hrs.
In general, there are 3 swims, 3 bikes and 3 runs (not counting transition runs) and 2 strength sessions per week.
Rest days are on Fridays for flexibility (if something comes up during the week and you can't train, that becomes the rest day and Friday is the makeup day) and to give your body a break before the long weekend workouts.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:47 hrs||4:30 hrs|
|3:14 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|1:12 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:47 hrs||4:30 hrs|
||3:14 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||1:12 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?