Triathlon Middle Distance Polarized Plan (+brick sessions) 13hrs [C8 S1.5 R2.5] emphasing running
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT plan. The Middle Distance Triathlon, consists of a 1.2 mile (1.9k) swim, 56 mile (90k) bike, and 13.1 mile (21.2k) run. This plan emphasizes a lot of low intensity (80%) endurance and a modest amount of threshold (10%) and high intensity (10%) with a low pyramidal distribution (TID). As such it is an excellent all round program for long distance events. We will assume event day is on the last Sunday of this plan. It is roughly a 14hrs per week (max), 6 days per week over 12 weeks with brick sessions. It is best suited to regular and advanced cyclists/runners/triathletes who want to raise their aerobic endurance.
anaerobic build: ✭✭✩✩✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✭
FTP build: ✭✭✭✭✩
Cycling: 5 (7hrs)
Running 3 (3hrs)
Swimming 2 (2hrs)
TRAINING TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
• Prepare your kits the day before and carry spares
• Fueling adequately before, during and after
• Don't do anything different on the day than you did before
• Favour comfort over speed if you are new to long distances
• Draft where it is possible and legal
• Relax the last few mins before coming into transition
• Pace hills ; dont race them
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Prescription: https://fft.tips/tpp3
Run Speed Unit Converter: https://fft.tips/runspeed
Pace calculator & predictor: https://fft.tips/runpace
Keywords: HIIT | Base | Seiler | Sprint | Sportive | Allen | Fitgerald | 80:20 | Rapid | Builder | Trainerroad | Zwift | WKO4 | WKO5 | Andrew Coggan | Recovery | Wattbike | FTP | FTP builder | Martin Burrows | FFT | Gran Tour | Fondo | Gran Fondo
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:30 hrs||3:10 hrs|
|2:17 hrs||2:15 hrs|
|1:34 hrs||1:53 hrs|
|0:20 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:30 hrs||3:10 hrs|
||2:17 hrs||2:15 hrs|
||1:34 hrs||1:53 hrs|
||0:20 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter