D3 Multisport Ironman 70.3 Puerto Rico Advanced, 16 weeks, Email Support and Reusable
Mike Ricci: USAT Coach of the Year and Level III Elite Coach - D3 Multisport Founder and Head CoachAll plans by this Coach
- All workouts are downloadable to smartwatches (Garmin, Suunto, Apple), and apps such as Zwift, Rouvy, and Trainer Road
- Consistent training of 2-3 weekly workouts per sport over the prior 4-6 weeks
- You should be able to swim 1500 meters
- You should be able to bike for at least 60 minutes at a steady pace
- You should be able to run for at least 50 minutes at a steady pace
- Strength and core workouts are included with video demonstrations
- Quality workouts are spaced out by 2-3 days to ensure proper recovery
- Your day off is Friday, your long ride is Saturday and your long run is Sunday
- After your initial Swim Pace, Heart Rate, and Power evaluations, your zones are automatically adjusted and customized to you for each workout
- Busy life? Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities. These plans provide time-efficient workouts - with no junk miles. Get in and get it done!
- Time management. In this program, the longer workouts will be on the weekends, and the weekdays will consist of shorter workouts. There will be bike-run (‘bricks’) workouts on most Saturdays and there will be a race simulation during this plan.
- Test your progress. During the plan, there will be periodic testing to assess your fitness and re-adjust your Heart Rate and Power Zones. If you don’t train with HR or a power meter, that’s fine. The tests are still good training as you can also measure improvement based on time and effort.
- EVIDENCE! Our plans are carefully designed with evidence-based training science, technology, and wisdom from one of USAT’s highest professionally certified coaches. You will gain confidence week-by-week that you are ready for race day.
- Coach Support: Private, Team D3 Facebook group to ask our USAT Certified Coaches questions
- Knowledge: Premium content, instructional videos, and training tips
- Teammates: Gain support and camaraderie from other like-minded athletes through Team D3
- Savings: Team D3 Partner Discounts
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?