Ironman 70. 3 Off season Improver
Mike BridgeAll plans by this Coach
A back to basics preparation phase plan that will suit beginners of those with one season under their belt. The plan works on developing bike economy at race pace with longer race pace efforts on weekends and an high intensity mid week effort. Bike sessions use power metrics.
The hard run intervals use longer intervals and fartlek running to develop speed endurance and improve run economy, whilst there are easy runs to develop aerobic capacity and efficiency. Run sessions use %threshold pace.
The swim develops race endurance with simple to follow sessions with short intervals swam at threshold pace or above.
Indoor bike trainer and power meter are preferable but essential and paddles and finns would help for swimming. If you do not know your threshold pace for running, it will be close to your 10km PB ( if your close to the hour for 16km then that pace is more appropriate).
As you come closer to race day, please get in touch with Racenske.co.uk and we will build a bespoke bike course race plan using BestBikeSplit at no extra charge.
Best of luck and happy racing!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?