Beginner Half Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Plan. 24 weeks. Reusable Plan.
USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Plan is ideal for all beginners looking to finish their first half distance triathlon. Athletes selecting this plan will feel both physically and mentally prepared to successfully complete the Ironman 70.3 distance after a gradual progression of volume and intensity spread throughout this 24 week plan.
Athletes will begin with just over 3 hours on the first week and gradually build. This plan is perfect for athletes who currently are only training 1-3 hours a week but looking to get into form by their 70.3 race.
1 rest day
This training plan works great with all TrainingPeaks compatible smart watches. Athletes can decide to use Heart Rate or Rate of Perceived Effort with this plan based on its programming. If athlete's have a power meter for their bike this plan can be altered to use Power instead of Heart Rate.
Upon completion of this training plan an athlete will be able to swim of 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles, and run 13.1 miles!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?