This is a 16 week training plan designed specifically for Ironman Oceanside 70.3 distance race.
Frequency and consistency is key in training for any endurance event. This plan includes strength and core work to help you with injury prevention and performance gains. Every workout in this plan is written as a custom structured plan using Training Peaks Builder. This means you have the ability to export each workout to your Garmin or third party app such as Zwift, Trainer Road or Rouvy. This technology is a great benefit for training with greater accuracy and technology.
- Export Friendly
- Email support
- Convert to 1:1 coaching at any time!
Tag us in your training photos using the hashtag #PeakStateFit and tag @PeakStateFit
- 400 easy
- 8 x 50 descend 1-4,5-8 @ 15 sec rest
- 4 x 100 fast w/ 50 recovery between @ 30 sec rest
- 4 x 50 fast w/ 25 recovery between @ 30 sec rest
- 8 x 25 fast @ 15 sec rest
- Easy 100
- 10min easy spin, 80-90 RPM
- 10 rounds: (2min strong 90% FTP on 1min easy recovery)
- 15min endurance effort 70% FTP
- 5min easy spin
Maintain a low heart rate on aerobic base days. If you do not train with a heart rate monitor keep your perceived exertion (RPE) below 7 out of 10 at all times during these sessions.
- Easy 400 warmup, mix in some back/breast
15 x 100 as 3 rounds of:
#1 - 25 strong, 75 easy
#2 - 50 strong, 50 easy
#3 - 75 strong, 25 easy
#4 - 100 strong
#5 - 100 easy
- easy 100
- 15min easy jog
- 4 X 4min strong running on 1min easy jog/walk
- 10min easy jog
45 min active recovery ride. Add some single pedal drills and cadence drills.
(2 HR) 30 miles: Start and end with 5 easy miles, the middle miles should be building up to 70% effort