Half Ironman training program
Sean RileyAll plans by this Coach
This 70.3 Ironman program is for the experienced Ironman athlete who is stepping back into the 70.3 distance, possibly after a break from the longer distance or simply because they want to add some speed to their program. It assumes a higher than beginner level of fitness but is still an achievable program which can be easily meshed into the busy life of a family/work day.
The program has been designed to have a strong swim focus with 4 honest weekly sets around 3200m each. Long bike day builds steadily to peak at a 3 hour 45 minute long ride and long run day also builds steadily towards a 2 hours 45 minutes long run. The biggest week of the program is 16 hours and 45 minutes but this does not occur until week 14 and there is a gradual build towards this mammoth week.
All in all this program will test you and certainly see you stepping up towards a PB for your next 70.3 race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?