Land HeintzbergerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for the beginning athlete training for their first half iron distance triathlon or for the intermediate athlete looking to improve their times. Athletes should have a basic level of fitness and should be able to swim 1600m, bike for at least 1.5 hours, and to run at least 1 hour. Swims are by rate of perceived exertion, bike and run workouts are by heart rate. A Garmin and a heart rate monitor are strongly recommended before beginning this program. If you're using a power meter you can complete the workouts in the same zones as indicated for heart rate.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.