Long Distance Triathlon Training Plan (Intermediate) 16 weeks, Sunday Race
Carly GuggemosAll plans by this Coach
Designed for the intermediate triathlete in mind. This 16 week structured plan will prepare you for a Half Distance Triathlon (1.2m swim, 56m bike, 13.1m run). Each week typically contains 3x swims, 3x bikes and 3x runs plus 1 brick run. You will build up to: 3,500 yards (or meters) swimming, 3.5 hrs biking and 2 hrs running. Your long ride is Sunday, long run is Thursday and off day is Monday. Although not necessary, we recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with perceived effort; you may use a power meter for biking as well.
Before starting this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
• Swim: 500 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 90 minutes
• Run: 60 minutes
Questions? Please visit us on the web at Organiccoaching.biz or email Carly directly at: email@example.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:18 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|2:31 hrs||1:15 hrs|
|4:23 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:18 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||2:31 hrs||1:15 hrs|
||4:23 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?