Training Plan for AQUABIKE: Half IRONMAN® (10 Weeks), Email Support + Reusable
David Glover, MS, CSCS - More than 5,000 athletes have used my plans on TrainingPeaksAll plans by this Coach
Commit. Train. Perspire. Believe. Overcome. Achieve.
The primary goal of this 10-week training plan is to prepare you to EXCEL in your AQUABIKE (1.2-mile Swim / 56-mile Bike) race.
Crafted by USA Triathlon-certified coach and former pro triathlete David Glover, MSE, MS, CSCS, this plan encapsulates his passion for the sport, his experience from dozens of Half and Full IRONMAN distance finishes (5 overall wins, 8:51 PR at IRONMAN distance) and his success coaching hundreds of triathletes.
Starting 10 weeks before your goal race, this plan progresses through two build periods (9.5 - 12.5 hrs per week) prior to peaking and tapering. Each week contains 3x swim (Tu, F, Su), 3-4x bike workouts (W, Th, Sa, Su) and 3 optional strength workouts. You will build up to: 3,000 yards (or meters) swimming and 3.5 hrs biking. Your long ride is Saturday and day off is Monday. Although not necessary, we recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with perceived effort; you may use a power meter as well.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
• Swim: 500 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 2 hours
Purchase of this plan includes our comprehensive 40+ page Triathlon Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan plus email access to David Glover at any time for questions that you may have about this plan.
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
What do our clients say? Please see their testimonials.
• This training plan starts any Monday or can be set to end on Sunday of race weekend.
• You can also reuse this training plan for future races.
• IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?