Novice IRONMAN 70.3, 20-Week Plan - 6.5-11.5 hrs per week
Sara Crawford, Nitro Triathlon Coaching LLCAll plans by this Coach
2 Swim, 2 Bike, 3 Run and 2 Strength workouts per week.
Mondays - off
Tuesdays - tempo or hill run
Wednesdays - swim and strength
Thursdays - brick (bike and run)
Fridays - swim and strength
Saturdays - long run
Sundays - long bike
Periodization is 2:1 build:recovery. Intensity listed by Zone 1-5.
First week volume = 1.5 hrs swim, 2 hrs bike, 2 hrs run, 1 hr strength
Peak swimming week is 3 hrs (longest swim 1.5 hrs)
Peak biking week is 5 hrs (longest bike 3.5 hrs)
Peak running week is 3.5 hrs (longest run 2.5 hrs)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:40 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|2:16 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|3:23 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:40 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||2:16 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||3:23 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?