Cairns 50 - 50k Beginner Plan
Joshua DuffAll plans by this Coach
This Beginner 50k plan is a 16 week program that is designed for first time 50k runners. Ideally, this will suit a beginner runner who has run at least one full marathon, multiple 5k, 10k and half marathons and is looking to take the step in to ultra running.
It is expected someone taking on this program has running experience of at least 18 months including 5k, 10k and half marathon race distances, as well as at least one marathon. A significant level of fitness is needed to tackle this program.
The program includes aerobic running and aerobic endurance sessions to build the appropriate aerobic conditioning for success over the 50k distance. It also includes tempo and speed sessions to gain the anaerobic capacity, neuromuscular connections and run efficiency to be successful over 50k. This is supplemented with S&C to build a strong, robust and resilient running body.
Most weeks include 4-6 sessions with a structured program of foundation, build and recovery weeks before a short taper in to race day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?