Will WeidmanAll plans by this Coach
A customized plan to get you to the finish line of a hilly or mountainous 100 miler and run your best race!
I am a certified running and ultrarunning coach and have coached athletes to successful ultra finishes. I am an experienced mountain and ultra runner and have completed UTMB 3x (28 hours, 72nd, top 3 American man), Cruel Jewel (8th in 2021), Hellbender twice (3rd place in 2018), Grindstone 100, Vermont 100, Val d'Aran, Trail Verbier, Gran Trail Courmayeur, and more.
This plan is mileage-based and assumes baseline experience with running ~50 miles / 80km per week and comfort with running trails and mountains. Training volume peaks at ~80 miles per week.
This plan includes:
- Daily workout type, mileage, and intensity levels
- Recommended type of terrain and vertical
- Specifics workouts (intervals, hill intervals, tempo runs, strides, etc.) targeted to performing your best in a mountain 100
- Weekly notes on the training intent and goals for that week
- An intermediate race / event / time trial at 13 weeks (with the option to skip this)
- Recommendations on when to include strength workouts and a set of recommended exercises
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?