Will WeidmanAll plans by this Coach
A customized plan to get you to the finish line of a hilly or mountainous 100 miler and run your best race!
I am a certified running and ultrarunning coach and an experienced mountain and ultra runner. I have completed UTMB 3x (28 hours, 72nd, top 3 American man), Bighorn (9th in 2022), Tor des Geants (2nd American), Cruel Jewel (8th in 2021), Hellbender 3x (2nd and 3rd place), and many more. I've successfully coached dozens of athletes for ultras including UTMB, Grindstone, Vermont, Rio del Lago, Val d'Aran, Bryce, Zion, and Kosziusko
This plan is mileage-based and assumes baseline experience with running ~50 miles / 80km per week and comfort with running trails and mountains. Training volume peaks at ~80 miles per week.
This plan includes:
- Daily workout type, mileage, and intensity levels
- Recommended type of terrain and vertical
- Specifics workouts (intervals, hill intervals, tempo runs, strides, etc.) targeted to performing your best in a mountain 100
- Weekly notes on the training intent and goals for that week
- An intermediate race / event / time trial at 13 weeks (with the option to skip this)
- Recommendations on when to include strength workouts and a set of recommended exercises
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.