UTMB - 4 Months
Will WeidmanAll plans by this Coach
A customized plan to get you to the finish line of the 2021 UTMB and run your best race possible!
I am a certified running and ultrarunning coach, and I am an experienced mountain and ultra runner. I have finished UTMB twice: 2017 in 30 hours and 2019 in 28 hours.
This plan is mileage-based and assumes baseline experience with running ~50 miles / 80km per week. Training volume peaks at ~80 miles per week. While applicable for many athletes, this plan is ideal for those targeting 36 hours or faster.
This plan includes:
- Daily workout type, mileage, and intensity levels
- Recommended type of terrain and vertical
- Specifics workouts (intervals, hill intervals, tempo runs, strides, etc.) targeted to performing your best at UTMB
- Weekly notes on the training intent and goals for that week
I will also provide a spreadsheet with course notes and recommended splits for each section of the course across a range of finishing times.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:37 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:37 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?