Dr Will O'ConnorAll plans by this Coach
My training plans are designed for runners looking to compete and complete any distance. I've built this plan with cumulative fatigue in mind. That is, each week is structured to build on the week before, so that your fatigue and subsequent fitness progress throughout the plan. Each individual week may not look overly demanding, but after three weeks in a row your long run or final rep starts to feel like the last stages of a race. That is exactly the concept of cumulative fatigue. You can't go out and run a race every weekend, so you need to train in a way that is going to give the specific, fitness, and conditioning you need to run to the best of your abilities!
I've incorporated a variety of high and low stimulus sessions throughout each week to keep your physiology and your psychology engaged right up until race day. I've also included recovery weeks to stop you Type-A's overtraining! 😉 I have designed this plan with the intention of any athlete using it to smash their PBs in this distance. Or if its your fist time, getting you across that finish line in your goal time
- Colin, Sub 4hr Marathon
- - Thanks so much Will. Your running Plan and general great advice was a major contributor. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rich, PB’d in literally everything
- - The joy and satisfaction from my running, and results have been unparalleled to anything I’ve known before and it’s right to honour Will. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Morgan, Duathlete & Runner
- - Extremely professional coaching. Will helps you really understand the "why" of each training session. As a coach, he pays just as much attention to the mental wellbeing of an athlete as well as the physical side. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
What do I get with my plan
- Progress measures
- Train with Heart Rate or Pace
- Detailed Plan descriptions
- Exportable Structured Workouts
- Lifetime access to purchased plan
- Scientifically based plan design
- Discounts to future plans
Known as “The Running Science Guy”, Dr Will O’Connor utilises his PhD in sports science and experience as an elite ultra-athlete to help athletes and everyday people realize their potential.
Whether you’re struggling to get out the door, or you need help setting a new personal best, Dr Will O’Connor can help you achieve your goals.
“Ultra-endurance requires an extreme level of preparation. Not only do you need to devote your life to training, but you also need to maintain a healthy balance with the rest of your life to avoid injury or burnout. Staying healthy while exercising countless hours means doing all the little things right. Understanding the human body, allows me to tailor my training and advice to match the individual needs of the people I work with.”
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?