Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 50k Training Plan – Compete is designed for experienced runners looking to nail their 50k – whether it’s to compete against yourself or other runners.
The plan is 6 months long and is aimed at runners aiming to continuously run their 50k and run strong, whether it’s setting a new PR or competing against other runners.
Once you go beyond marathon distance and stray into ultra territory, the training strategies and advice vary an incredible amount.
This training plan was initially developed by pulling strategies from a few sources, and has been refined by myself and several other ultra-runners.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?