Leadville 2021 - 100 mile 23 Week Training Plan With Strength and Conditioning, Starts 15 March
Doug StewartAll plans by this Coach
A dedicated 23 week plan tailored for the unique demands of Leadville for the 100 mile distance, written by an experienced Coach and Mountain/Ultra Runner who has coached athletes for many 100 mile races, such as Tarawera 100 and UTMB.
It is 23 weeks long and features 3 build weeks followed by a recovery week before moving to 2 build weeks and 1 recovery week as training intensifies. It has a three week taper.
Requires access to hills or a treadmill for certain workouts and a HR monitor.
Time based rather than distance.
It includes a Strength and Conditioning Plan that compliments the stage of run training, starting with Stability and moving through Strength and Power Phases. It involves two sessions per week on Build Weeks and 1 Session on Recovery weeks.
Suitable for those looking to finish or those looking for a fast time as optional for harder or easier workouts.
Race day advice provided throughout the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:23 hrs||8:00 hrs|
|1:28 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:23 hrs||8:00 hrs|
||1:28 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?