17 Week Intermediate 50K
This 17 week 50K plan is suitable for someone who is running 25-30 miles per week base mileage and can comfortably finish a half marathon. It has flexibility built in for cross training if you wish to incorporate cycling into your training. No equipment needed other than a good pair of shoes and a positive attitude. Workouts are written with Rate of Perceived exertion so no heart rate monitor is needed, however there are basic heart rate guidelines as well if one wishes to use that. A GPS watch is helpful but not essential.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.