Two Oceans sub 6 hr (Pace - Structured Workouts)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week plan for Intermediate to Experienced runners, wanting to run a Sub 6 hour Two Oceans, and continue on to run Comrades.
This plan will take you up to the Two Oceans Ultra Marathon and the additional plan of "last 2 months of Comrades 12 hour) will complete your training plan for those wishing to complete either both events or just Comrades.
To consider this plan you must be able to run:
5km in 27.40mins
Z2 Easy pace 6:20 - 5:40 mins/km
Z4 Hill repeats 5:20 - 5:30 mins/km
Z4 Tempo pace 5:35 - 5:45
The workouts have indicated pace times or overall time to assist. With a rest day on a Monday and a Friday and the long run on the Sunday. Input your Threshold Pace in the TrainingPeaks Zones and the pace for the workouts will be calculated for the workouts. All the interval workouts have been created in workout builder can be synced to your smart watch
By the end of the 16 weeks you will have excellent base fitness and be ready to race your A-priority marathon race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:07 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:07 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?