TDS 2021 30 Week Plan - Starts 1st February. With Strength and Conditioning
Doug StewartAll plans by this Coach
A dedicated plan tailored for the unique demands of TDS 2021, with consideration for the climbs, and elevation change. This plan is fully updated for the new course that was introduced in 2019.
This is a 30 week plan starting on Monday February 1st and finishing on race day.
It features 3 build weeks followed by a recovery week and a three week taper.
It has a progressive strength and conditioning plan, featuring 2 session on build weeks and 1 on recovery weeks. The S&C supports the stage of training, moving from Stability through the Strength and Power phases.
Requires access to a treadmill for certain workouts, or hills, and ideally a HR monitor.
Time based rather than distance.
It has been created by an experienced ultra runner and coach, who has coached multiple athletes for TDS and is a UTMB finisher.
Additional information is provided throughout the plan to help with planning and pacing.
TrainingPeaks Level 2 Certified.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:12 hrs||7:30 hrs|
|1:35 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:12 hrs||7:30 hrs|
||1:35 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?